So we found the place. You know what I’m talking about. Our family Huckleberry picking spot! The kind we will visit every summer. Go way up a mountain, down a deserted, overgrown road and voila! There it is. A secret we’ll only share with friends who come pick with us. 🙂 We picked more this year than ever before as a family. I guess we are growing up! Of course, we made pancakes, but my husband asked for a huckleberry version of what we call Toad-in-Hole, or Puff Pancake. We make it in a cast iron skillet and it gets all puffy and yummy. Only this season we are following a Keto diet. I don’t count macros very well. I just use Keto friendly ingredients. It was yummy. It felt like summertime.
Almond Flour Huckleberry Pancake
- 2/3 cup fine blanched almond flour (Nature’s Eats Almond Flour)
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 6 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon erythritol (Erythritol Granules)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup Huckleberries!
- Chopped Almonds or Pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a blender, making sure baking powder is thoroughly mixed.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet in oven until butter is bubbly.
- Pour mixture into a pan and sprinkle berries over mixture.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes until the center is springy and a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Serve immediately with cream or whipped cream.